The new Cummins QSB6.7 engine is more environmentally friendly, offers better performance and ease of operation than its predecessors, the award-winning QSB5.9, all without sacrificing fuel efficiency. The QSB6.7 delivers more torque, which means better acceleration and sustained cornering speed.
It also incorporates strategic power management calibration. Unlike most marine engines, the QSB6.7 is calibrated for optimum fuel consumption at cruising speed, at the engine speed at which the engine is used the most, rather than at its highest engine speed.
The QSB6.7 engine is more environmentally friendly, being able to meet the EPA Tier 3 emissions standard. This new engine offers minimal cold start smoke and a significant reduction in noise levels at cruise and peak speeds compared to the QSB5.9 model.
– Fuel System: High-pressure Bosch common-rail with reinforced components for safe operation on alternative fuels such as paraffin and JP8/JP5.
– Oil System: Front-mounted filters, service interval increased to 500 hours when using ULSD fuels
– Electrical System: 12v and 24v systems, insulated and non-insulated available
– Intake System: New Walker air filter reduces sound significantly
– Salt Water System: Optional dry-running pump can be fitted as an option
– Emissions: EPA Tier 3, IMO2, EU Stage 3A and RCD certified
– Ventilation System: Closed crankcase ventilation available on all ratings
– Cooling System: Keel cooling system available